Fannatic Fann Club Discussion Forum: IMPT: Suspension of Forumers - Fannatic Fann Club Discussion Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

IMPT: Suspension of Forumers IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION

#1 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • Pip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:05 AM

Dear Forumers,

We have received complaints that some of our forumers have been posting offensive comments on other artistes. We would like to highlight that FFC Forum is a regulated forum and all forumers are required to follow the forum rules & regulations.

Do bear in mind that FFC Forum is open to public and anyone can view the messages posted in the public section. We do not wish to see such offensive messages tarnishing FFC or even Fann's reputation.

As a serious warning, the forum moderators have decided to suspend the following users for posting offensive messages in the forum recently:

1) fabulous-gurl
2) norway
3) Dixon
4) bella

We will not hesitate to ban these users if the same offence is repeated in future.

We would also appreciate if all forumers could take note of the words you use when posting comments on other artistes.

Regards,
Forum Moderators
Fannatic Fann Club

#2 User is offline   Kane 

• Fann Activist
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Fann's Addict

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:02 AM

Dear FFC, I do not mean any offence by this message, but may I know, what should we do if those artists were rude to our Fann in the first place? Fannatics may be Fannatic, but we are also a peaceful people. In fact, it is an unwritten, perhaps even written rule that being a Fannatic does not necessarily stop one from supporting another. From what I know, the only time that we post rude or offensive messages is when the artists concerned have said/done something that we as good, loyal Fannatics, find unacceptable.

I do agree that we should not post anything vulgar or excessively offensive, however, these messages are often the result of other artists' words and actions in the first place. It is not as if we out of the blue exclaim "So and so is a lousy artist and can't act/sing but pretends that he/she can and it is really horrible." I mean, Fann is not only my or your or his or her master, she is the leader of all of us, and given that we are all Fannatics or Fannatic equivalents who have not subscribed fully yet, it can be assumed that we are all loyal to her. Now our Princess is being shelled with rude and offensive comments, we have to fight back!

In summary I think we should first determine whether the "offensive poster" did what he/she did out of loyalty to Fann, or out of pure spite or simply to insult Fann or other artists. If the latter, he/she deserves to be suspended or banned. If the former, we should censor the post. Of course, this is only my personal opinion, but it is what I truly feel.

Fannatics forever!

Kane

#3 User is offline   xiaolongni_luvluv 

• Fann Devotee
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:36 PM

for me I think when other artistes's fans are rude to our forum, we just PM to admin and propose her to solve, it's temperate solving way :Y01
and about banning their nick, I think admin should give them one chance to amend themself :Y03
We are Fann's fannatic club forever :Y57

This post has been edited by xiaolongni_luvluv: 01 April 2006 - 03:09 PM

#4 User is offline   wei1085 

• Fann Novice

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:24 PM

Ppl can say whatever they want abt Fann..as long as we noe who she really is, it doesn't matter..why bother to stoop to their lowly level?

#5 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • Pip

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:26 PM

Dear Forumers,

We just wish to highlight that all forumers are required to abide by the forum rules and regulations when posting messages in the forum. The moderators will not hesitate to take actions against any forumer (regardless of their status in the forum) if these rules were violated.

In fact, we have been giving warning to some of the forumers but none of them took it seriously. We hope that after this incident, the rest of the forumers would take note of your postings in future.

Forumers may report the post to the admin if any of the postings contain offensive messages.

Regards,
Forum Moderators
Fannatic Fann Club

#6 User is offline   Kane 

• Fann Activist
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:08 PM

Dear admin, I believe there could be some misunderstanding about this whole thing. I do understand and agree that the Forum is a moderated place. However, I feel that we as Fannatics have a right as well as a responsibility to defend Fann's name. It is not a problem of stooping to their level or anything. It is of course ideal that everybody respects each others' artists, however, this does not happen, partly perhaps due to office politics between the artists themselves. I believe that the Fannatics mentioned above are merely being more extreme than others, and have posted to a greater and more explicit extent as a result.

The purpose of Forum should be to let each side have a say in things. We are all Fannatics here, although some of us are concurrently fans of other artists. We all have different ways of being loyal to our artists. We all do not like our own artists to be insulted or scolded by others. That is why and when we fight back.

I think that rather than having so much internal strife, what we should be doing is to work out together ways and means to argue back when other people insult Fann, off Forums that is. We are her fans, but we are also her knights, so to speak. We should remain united. On the other hand, I too agree that Forumers should be more sensitive in our words and posts.

Also, I have known bella and fabulous-gurl on my own, for fabulous-gurl, I even know her personally. She claims that she has not as much as received any warning or message from the FFC moderators at all. I also feel that fabulour-gurl, although a devoted Fannatic, is devoted but not obsessive and think it could be a misunderstanding all along. My conclusion was that it was either overreaction on the part of the reporters, or that I (and fabulous-gurl) are not clear about what is considered "offensive". Not that I distrust FFC moderators, but perhaps FFC could make these "offensive" messages signalled to everyone to let us know what is wrong with them. This should prevent further such messages, otherwise, simply suspending or even banning them will not stop such messages from appearing, the impact of which is that our Forum's name will still be tarnished.

Your Loyal Forumer,

Kane Tan

#7 User is offline   admin 

• Administrator
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:25 AM

Kane,

This shall be the last reply from the moderators on this topic. We hope you can understand that supporting Fann does not mean that you have the rights to criticise other artistes. No one would like their favourite artistes to be insulted or criticised by others. But in this case, that is what our forumers had done on other artistes.

We do not know if you have read those offensive postings before it was deleted. Our forumers not only criticise the involved artiste, but even dragged their family into the picture. And that particular posting was even circulated in other non-Fann forum.

Please bear in mind that FFC forum is open to public and anyone can view the messages posted here. We do not wish to see posts that tarnishes FFC or Fann's reputation.

Regards,
Forum Moderators
Fannatic Fann Club

P/S: fabulous-gurl did not receive any notification from FFC forum as she did not even use a valid email in this forum.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users